Acupuncture & Moxibustion
- Acupuncture & Moxibustion
What are Acupuncture and Moxibustion?
Acupuncture and moxibustion are traditional forms of alternative medicine which originate from China. Acupuncture and moxibustion treatment are used to stimulate acupoints. During acupuncture, thin needles are inserted into the body; while during moxibustion, moxa is burned on the body. The treatments improve blood circulation, balance the body, improve symptoms and relieve pain. The risk of adverse effects is low, and these treatments are becoming more popular.
Generally, many people believe that acupuncture and moxibustion are effective only for stiff shoulders, low back pain, neuralgia, or arthritis. However, there is scientific evidence showing its effectiveness in treating various diseases and also as alternative medicine.
For the most effective treatment,
we recommend combining acupuncture and
moxibustion with skeletal adjustment.
For those who may have concerns about acupuncture and moxibustion
Some patients who are interested in acupuncture and moxibustion may be hesitant about having needles inserted into their skin.
The needles are as thin as a human hair. It may sting a little, but most patients don’t feel any pain during the treatment. The needles and moxa are single-use and disposed of immediately after use. We maintain strict usage policies to eliminate the risk of infection.
If you feel any discomfort, the treatment will be stopped immediately. This treatment may not be appropriate for some symptoms or illnesses. A nationally licensed therapist will consult with you before treatment and provide appropriate explanations of the treatment and aftercare.
As the needles are single-use and stainless steel, they will not cause allergic reactions.
Please feel free to contact us regarding any questions or concerns you may have.
Symptoms that respond to acupuncture and moxibustion treatment
- Symptoms of head, eyes, and faceHeadache, Migraine, Ear ringing, Eyestrain, Bloodshot eyes, Tonsillitis,Facial swelling
- Fatigue of neck, shoulders, or backStiff neck, Frozen shoulder, Joint painNeck sprain, Stiff shoulders, Stiff back, Weary arms, Elbow pain, Peritendinitis
- Fatigue of legs and hipLow back pain, Knee arthrosis, Strained back, Swollen legs, Knee pain, Cramp in the calf, Numbness of foot, Weary legs, Bruises, Sprains
- Visceral fatigueStomach heaviness, Loss of appetite, Hyperacidity, Hypertension, Hypotension, Hangover, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bronchitis, Allergies
- Gynecological SymptomsMenstrual cramps, Sensitivity to cold, Morning sickness, Anemia, Dysmenorrhea, Menopause
- Mental fatigueIrritability, Dizziness, Insomnia, Throbbing
※The symptoms above are just for reference. There is no guarantee for the effectiveness of treatment.
The effectiveness depends on the patient’s physical constitution and symptoms.
Fees depend on the patient’s symptoms, treatment, and insurance.
Fees will be decided during the consultation at the time of your visit.
Fee for Acupuncture and Moxibustion
※If you add Muscle Adjustment or Skeletal Adjustment, the fee will change.
chiropractic (skeletal adjustment),
acupuncture and moxibustion,
and myofascial release therapy. Please feel free to contact us!